What is the shortest sentence in Icelandic to contain all the letters of the Icelandic alphabet?
AnswerDespite searching, I have not found a sentence that is said to be the shortest containing all the letters of the alphabet. It would need to have:
aá b d ð eé f g h ií j k l m n oó p r s t uú v x yý þ æ ö = 32 letters.It is a good party game to try to make such a sentence but not an easy one. One would usually have to use some letters more than once. The following sentences were made in a party: :
- Hyldýpi þjóðfélagsins vex úr kærkomnu böli í ást. (42 letters)
- Þá heyrði Pési djöflasöng óma úr uxakví og bæ Týs. (41 letters)
- Are portmanteau words frequent in Icelandic? by Guðrún Kvaran
- Is Icelandic the oldest language in Europe? How old is it? by Jón Axel Harðarson
- What is the origin of the Icelandic language? by Guðrún Kvaran
- Are there rules that say when words in Icelandic should be masculine, feminine and neuter? For a foreigner it is not enough to add an article. by Guðrún Kvaran
- How did the Icelandic language start? by Guðrún Kvaran
- Why do male last names in Icelandic end with -son instead of -sonur? by Guðrún Kvaran
- How many words are there in Icelandic? by Guðrún Kvaran
- How many words are there in Icelandic for the devil? by Guðrún Kvaran
Um þessa spurningu
Guðrún Kvaran. „What is the shortest sentence in Icelandic to contain all the letters of the Icelandic alphabet?“. The Icelandic Web of Science 5.3.2005. http://why.is/svar.php?id=4795. (Skoðað 23.3.2017).